Cuckoo , a sweet, sensetive and intelligent blogger seems really pissed of at mtnl and the big 4000+ bill she has been paying each month, so here are a few tips that might help her, you and all mumbaikars save on their bills during recession.
1. Most important bit is always make sure you read ur bill properly!
2. Note the CA NUMBER as a rule you will always need it.
Save on ur Landline Bill
If you don’t seem to get it on time , and this is very possible you can get it over here. Telephone bills site and click on
Feed in ur phone no and ca no, and you can get to view ur bill. If u have net banking you can also pay your bill online and trust me it works quite well, because i personally use it.
First thing to do is collect at least last 3 bills and then analyze your usage.
See which plan fits you right and change to it pronto by calling 1500 and asking them to change the plan asap , and verify changes in ur next bill.
Watch out ! Akways LOCK that STD / ISD if u have it. (call 1500 for details)
Internet / Broadband Bill
Even surfing is counted as downloading by mtnl so be careful with those picture heavy sites. Worse idle time is also sometimes miraculously billed by the notorious mtnl server, if the connection is router based so switch it off when not needed.
Analyze ur consumption and select the suitable plan via helpline 1504 and the best thing is you can change the plan on a monthly basis , by intimating them in advance.
If u have a night plan like me especially (590nu) stick to it like glue and read this post.
1. Work around MTNLs deficiencies as best as u can.
2. Mtnls DNS server sucks big time so add more dns servers like opendns n freedns : 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 to ur dns list.
3. Instead of the switch on off procedure, try Switching to PPPOE connections , which enables u to soft connect/disconnect in bridge mode like in dial up connections.
4. Last and most important .. read this post …
5. Chk if ur broadband is installed right: try making a call when the net is on and if u hear a hi piched sound your installation is faulty.
Need help mail me at email@example.com but do comment when u mail cause i rarely chk that mail address