I had purchased a Whirlpool over an LG which were two of my primary choices because of its great built quality and because it was imported from Brazil and was a tropicalized FF model.I have had to face the woes of a locally made BPL ff fridge and know how tropical humid mumbai climate drives ff fridges crazy.
For the first few years the outsourced technicians from the service co were good , and i extended the warranty to a 7 yr warranty fairly quickly, which in hindsight worked to my advantage as the co literally makes a killing on the circuit and parts.
5 Yrs on the quality of technicians so deteriorated that i was shocked by the manner of service and escalated the matter right to whirlpool.
Here is my list
1. Whirlpool India is notorious about abandoning users of its FF ELITE models…They abandon your fridge post extended warranty period by stopping amc on fridge for older models.
2. They literally fleece you on parts and charge double of what it costs in the market. I bought a plastic part at almost half of what he was asking for.
3. Their AMC is shoddy, they dont send people to visit or clean the fridge. When ur under amc they send the person late, and worse the only worry of the outsourced agency is to get the satisfaction code.
4. Technicians rush and break plastic parts which are poor in quality. They are poorly qualified and repair by trial and error. I doubt if they know what a multi-merer is! .
5. Their technicians are crooks, they install defective parts. They are frauds and cheat/ coerce/ force u to give them the coveted satisfaction code… They got lucky with me .. a techie .. an avg housewife doesn’t stand a chance.
A technician casually installed a defective control circuit that conked off , made me show him the whirlpool sms that had the satisfaction code .. and vanished . Soon enough and the next guy told me that the part was defective..the man had dropped it from his scooter/ bike and put a new one … thank god it was under warranty.. What about those that aren’t? A control circuit costs close to Rs 5500 and was replaced 3 times in 7 years..
Another used duct-tape to join wires of the thermostat which conked off rather soon.
6. Chk out forum of dissatisfied FF Elite customers.