DONT DO THIS IF UR PRINTER IS UNDER WARRANTY … Just get it serviced by Canon
It works on most CANON Inkjet printers
Problem The printer doesnt print properly ie character misalignment / there are streaks or smudges if u switch on the printer after a while.
Solution: in Printer Properties / Maintenance go for a print head alignment and follow instructions or try cleaning / deep cleaning and nozzle check.
CLEAN IT : What always works is to use isopropyl alcohol with a cotton swab / tissue on the head and chip or keep the cartridge head in hot water for some time to free up the dried gunk … dry properly and then reinstall cartridge in its bay .
Canon printer error codes for technical errors
4x orange 1x green or 8x orange 1x green : Problem printer absorber full
Solution: See if u can get the absorber sponges cleaned or replaced and Reset the printer using iptool115
5x orange 1x green or 7x orange 1x green : Cartridge not properly detected
Problem or Error : Black or Color cartridge not detecting / improperly installed / Black or Color cartridge is empty
Remove the cartridges, turn off the printer and clean and reinstall the cartridges. Switch on after some time. Then you can continue printing. Sometimes this doesn’t work. Printer cos make money on cartridge and losses on printers
When the color cartridge goes dry the printer sometimes stops detecting it and forces u to buy a new one which can be bypassed by resetting the chip on the cartridge.
Use IPtools 115 or any other specific tool. FOLLOW EXACT SEQUENCE for results
- Driver should have been install correctly and printer should be detected.
- Connect USB cable. Disconnect power cable
- Press and hold power button down then connect the power,green gets lit
- Dont release the power button , press resume button for 2 times then release both power and resume button. Printer will start
- Run IPTOOLS115 , It will detect ur printer and show ink levels
- Check if the correct printer series is detected and set it
- Do what is neccessary ie reset ur black or color cartridge or reset waste ink counters or service the printer head or rollers
- Now check if the ink levels are reset
- Switch the printer off and turn it on after half a minute … and your printer should be working …